LAST UPDATED MARCH 15, 2022
We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time, of which you will be promptly updated. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
WHAT USER DATA WE COLLECT?
When you visit the website or use our Services, we may collect the following data:
- Identity Data, such as your IP address, your name, date of birth, social security number, biometric identifiers, and other data on government-issued identification documents;
- Contact Data, such as your email address, mailing address, and telephone number or other contact data;
- Financial Data, such as your bank account and payment card details;
- Profile Data, such as your username and password, your knowledge assessment results, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses;
- Stored Content, such as photos from your mobile phone gallery or contacts stored in your mobile device or email accounts. We only collect this information with your permission;
- Additional Data You Provide, such as customer support, or other means.
- Data profile, such as regarding your online behavior on our website.
- Social Media Information, we provide you with the option to use your social media account, such as Facebook or Google, to place an order. If you engage with us this way, your social media account may share Personal Information with us. The Personal Information we receive varies depending on the social media provider, but will often include your name, e-mail address, contacts list, profile picture, and other information you choose to make public. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your Personal Information by your third-party social media provider.
If you place an order using a social media login through the Sites, you may remove Hunan Star access to your social media account information. This can be done through the settings of your social media account. Please note if you remove Hunan Star access to your social media account, your social media account may retain certain information you provided to it. Hunan Star is not responsible for the information retained by your social media account.
- Geolocation Data, with your consent, we may obtain geolocation information data from your mobile device, or certain third-party providers, while you are using our Sites, to provide location-based services. You may control the collection of geolocation information based on your mobile device’s settings.
- Information Collected Automatically, we may automatically collect certain types of information when you use or visit our Sites. We use this information to improve and enhance our Sites, your experience, and for security purposes. This information does not reveal your Personal Information. It may include:
(1) The device and usage information you use to access the Sites;
(2) Your IP address;
(3) Browser and device characteristics;
(4) Operating system;
(5) Referring URLs;
(6) Your location;
(7) What parts of the Site you use and how often. If you use your mobile device to use the Sites, we may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information, and IP address.
Your privacy is important to us. However, we does respond to or act when we receive a Do No Track signal from your browser.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs.
- To improve our services and products.
- To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting.
- To contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research.
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect for purposes described below or as otherwise described to you at the point of collection:
- Maintain and provide the Services, including to process account applications, authenticate your identity, repair our Services, and handle billing and account management, or such as the following:
- To facilitate, fulfill, and manage your order(s);
- To deliver your order (if applicable);
- To send you marketing and promotional communications.
- To post reviews and ratings;
- To request feedback about your use of the Sites;
- To perform analytics and customer research;
- To respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the Sites.
- Send you transactional or relationship information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, customer support responses, software updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and information about your transactions;
- Monitor and improve our Services, including analyzing usage, research and development;
- Help protect the safety and security of our Services, business, and users, such as to investigate and help prevent fraud or other unlawful activity;
We also may use your information in an anonymized and aggregate form for data analysis, identifying usage trends, and to improve Sites, services, and your experience. We will not use identifiable Personal Information without your consent.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose;
- if it is reasonably necessary to achieve our business interests;
- to fulfill, manage, and complete your order, including delivery, if applicable;
- to third-party service providers and vendors, such as payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, food delivery service providers, and marketing services;
- with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions;
- with restaurants with which you placed an order;
- with third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Sites;
- when we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or subpoena;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or act regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, situations of suspected illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
SAFEGUARDING AND SECURING THE DATA
We are committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. We have done all in its power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on these Services. In the event we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at Privacy@hunanstar.cc.
OUR COOKIES POLICY
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems.
Please note that cookies don't allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
RESTRICTING THE COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. You can achieve this by doing the following:
When you are filling the forms on the website, make sure to check if there is a box which you can leave unchecked, if you don't want to disclose your personal information.
If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY.
HOW TO CONTACT US?